View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0011934LazarusIDEpublic2010-05-10 23:38
ReporterSwen HeinigAssigned ToMaxim Ganetsky 
PrioritynormalSeverityminorReproducibilityalways
Status closedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSWindows XPOS VersionSP3
Product Version0.9.25 (SVN)Product Build 
Target Version1.0.0Fixed in Version0.9.29 (SVN) 
Summary0011934: translations for shortcuts in the lazarus menu don't work
DescriptionLazarus contains a lot of shortcuts for the main menu in the IDE (e.g. Ctrl+O to open a file). The .po files contain translations for that (e.g. in german: Strg instead of Ctrl). But although I use the german language settings I still get Ctrl+O.
The problem is possibly a 'Windows only' problem.
TagsNo tags attached.
Fixed in Revision25302, 25303
LazTarget1.0
Widgetset
Attached Files

Activities

Vincent Snijders

2008-08-20 22:44

manager   ~0021541

IIRC, the MenuKeyCaps array in LCLProc unit needs to localized.

Vincent Snijders

2008-08-21 15:00

manager   ~0021561

Even if it works under linux, that only means that the shortcuts are translated differently for the win32 widgetset.

BTW, you can test my assumption yourself, by translating the english strings of MenuKeyCaps in the source directly.

Swen Heinig

2008-08-21 15:15

developer   ~0021563

Where do I find the MenuKeyCaps? The 'find in files' gave no result me and there is also no file with this name. (Or could a missing file be the reason for the problem?)

Swen Heinig

2008-08-21 15:28

developer   ~0021565

Forget my previous edit, I used the wrong parameters (btw. could the checkbox to search in subdirectories be enabled by default).
I changed the source and rebuild Lazarus. The result is - no change. I still see the Ctrl.

Vincent Snijders

2008-08-21 15:29

manager   ~0021566

lazarus\lcl\lclproc.pas around line 400. For example change

  SmkcCtrl = 'Ctrl+';
into
  SmkcCtrl = 'Control+';
rebuild the LCL + Lazarus and look at the shortcuts that use Ctrl.

Vincent Snijders

2008-08-21 15:35

manager   ~0021567

I did it too and I did see the change.

Swen Heinig

2008-08-21 15:40

developer   ~0021568

It seems that I changed 2 other strings with my first trial. But line 401 is the correct one. What is the name of the .po file, which needs to be updated?

Vincent Snijders

2008-08-21 15:46

manager   ~0021569

That is the problem, there are no resource strings yet, these are plain constants.

Changing them to resource strings is not possible, because then they cannot be used anymore for the array.

Maxim Ganetsky

2010-05-10 18:23

developer   ~0037420

Please test and close if ok.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2008-08-20 15:00 Swen Heinig New Issue
2008-08-20 15:00 Swen Heinig Widgetset => Win32
2008-08-20 22:44 Vincent Snijders Note Added: 0021541
2008-08-21 08:21 Vincent Snijders LazTarget => 1.0
2008-08-21 08:21 Vincent Snijders Status new => acknowledged
2008-08-21 08:21 Vincent Snijders Target Version => 1.0.0
2008-08-21 15:00 Vincent Snijders Note Added: 0021561
2008-08-21 15:15 Swen Heinig Note Added: 0021563
2008-08-21 15:28 Swen Heinig Note Added: 0021565
2008-08-21 15:29 Vincent Snijders Note Added: 0021566
2008-08-21 15:35 Vincent Snijders Note Added: 0021567
2008-08-21 15:40 Swen Heinig Note Added: 0021568
2008-08-21 15:46 Vincent Snijders Note Added: 0021569
2010-05-10 05:59 Paul Ishenin Status acknowledged => assigned
2010-05-10 05:59 Paul Ishenin Assigned To => Maxim Ganetsky
2010-05-10 18:23 Maxim Ganetsky Fixed in Revision => 25302, 25303
2010-05-10 18:23 Maxim Ganetsky Widgetset Win32/Win64 =>
2010-05-10 18:23 Maxim Ganetsky Status assigned => resolved
2010-05-10 18:23 Maxim Ganetsky Fixed in Version => 0.9.29 (SVN)
2010-05-10 18:23 Maxim Ganetsky Resolution open => fixed
2010-05-10 18:23 Maxim Ganetsky Note Added: 0037420
2010-05-10 23:38 Swen Heinig Status resolved => closed