View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0018503||Lazarus CCR||-||public||2011-01-14 18:37||2011-01-17 21:42|
|Reporter||Juha Manninen||Assigned To|
|Summary||0018503: TRichMemo crashes when TControl.EnableAutoSizing is called, on Linux|
|Description||Creating TRichMemo works ok:|
Then setting Parent throws a SIGSEGV (Self = TForm):
The crash happens in the end of :
procedure TControl.SetParent(NewParent: TWinControl);
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Widgetset||GTK 2, QT|
||Tested with GTK2 and QT bindings, Fedora 14 64-bit Linux.|
||What about TMemo? Is it working fine?|
TMemo works fine.
The crash happened with TRichMemo version 1.0 which I downloaded as a zip package.
Now I have loaded the SVN version and can't compile it at all.
It "Can't find unit GtkDef used by Gtk2RichMemo".
I tried adding some search paths but it didn't help. I am not very experienced with packages. What to do next?
Ok, more testing revealed that it actually works when everything is built with QT bindings (Lazarus, the package and test prog).
It behaves like TMemo so far in my test.
I still don't know how to make it compile with GTK2. I guess I could learn things by studying this component. It tries to uses the native widget for GTK2.
I think there is a similar native component in QT as well.
||GtkDef, etc. are the GTK1 file names. Maybe try with GTK2 file names? Gtk2Def, etc.|
- With Qt, it should work only as a TMemo since no Qt-specific support is included; TMemo is the fallback.
- Please remove reference to non-existent C:/wnlibsvn/CarbonPaste.pas from project1.lpi. It prevents Lazarus from loading the project.
- Fixes to rtfpars.pp don't seem to have been incorporated into FPC 2.5.1 yet. Shouldn't they be submitted as a patch?
- This control works great on Windows by using the more advanced msftedit.dll rather than RICHED20.DLL. But on Carbon it doesn't seem to support centered text, hanging indents, links, and always scrolls to bottom of loaded file. Maybe these are limitations of the underlying Carbon control?
- Is there a way to add support for printing to the control?
|2011-01-14 18:37||Juha Manninen||New Issue|
|2011-01-14 18:37||Juha Manninen||Widgetset||=> GTK 2, QT|
|2011-01-14 18:50||Juha Manninen||Note Added: 0045183|
|2011-01-14 20:34||Dmitry Boyarintsev||Note Added: 0045188|
|2011-01-14 20:34||Dmitry Boyarintsev||Status||new => feedback|
|2011-01-15 01:36||Juha Manninen||Note Added: 0045194|
|2011-01-15 10:33||Juha Manninen||Note Added: 0045198|
|2011-01-17 18:56||Phil||Note Added: 0045264|
|2011-01-17 21:42||Phil||Note Added: 0045269|