View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0019232||Lazarus||IDE||public||2011-04-26 03:16||2011-04-26 22:13|
|Reporter||sfeinst||Assigned To||Martin Friebe|
|Product Version||0.9.31 (SVN)||Product Build|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||0.9.31 (SVN)|
|Summary||0019232: CTRL-Left not working in IDE editor|
|Description||I am running the latest SVN. In the editor I've tried gtk2 and Windows), when I press ctrl-left (expecting the cursor to move one "word" left), it will move the cursor one word, but the next press won't work. The behavior is not consistent in how much the cursor moves. Sometimes it moves a full word (and if it does, then the next ctrl-left will work as well) and sometimes a partial word (which occurs most of the time and will not allow another ctrl-left until on another line). It seems to be related to tab position.|
The issue does not occur for ctrl-right.
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Fixed in Revision||30480|
Can't reproduce here.
Make sure you don't have old compiled units when building trunk.
||please test and close if ok|
I always use make clean bigide.
I tried make clean then make bigide, but had the same problem.
I tried manually removing all .o and .ppu files because I found some older ones make clean missed, but I still have the problem. When I get to my Linux machine (I can't do this on my Windows machine right now), I'll try wiping out the entire Lazarus directory and pulling down latest code again to see if that helps.
I was able to reproduce before, but not after the changes I made.
It may depend on your settings.
Please attach your editoroptions.xml from C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\lazarus or ~/.lazarus folder
Please also attach a textfile with a text or unit, in which the issue can be reproduced. (you can attach as private file, if publication is an issue).
Specify the steps to reproduce => e.g initial caret position.
I don't think you need to delete your whole directory => if unsure if uit was compiled, just put a temporary syntax error into it (changes are in the main synedit.pp file). To ensure your file is updated search for a procedure called "PrevWordLogicalPos" in synedit.pp => it was introduced with the change.
||please also note, that my previous "please test..." was not based on Juha's note, but meant to test with rev 30480, in which a change was made.|
||Sorry, I did misunderstand what you wrote and did not look closely to see the rev had changed. I updated again and it is fixed. Thank you for the work.|
||Working fine with latest build rev.|
|2011-04-26 03:16||sfeinst||New Issue|
|2011-04-26 03:16||sfeinst||Widgetset||=> GTK 2, Win32/Win64, QT|
|2011-04-26 08:52||Juha Manninen||Note Added: 0047777|
|2011-04-26 10:28||Martin Friebe||Status||new => assigned|
|2011-04-26 10:28||Martin Friebe||Assigned To||=> Martin Friebe|
|2011-04-26 15:10||Martin Friebe||Fixed in Revision||=> 30480|
|2011-04-26 15:10||Martin Friebe||LazTarget||=> 0.99.0|
|2011-04-26 15:10||Martin Friebe||Widgetset||GTK 2, Win32/Win64, QT =>|
|2011-04-26 15:10||Martin Friebe||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2011-04-26 15:10||Martin Friebe||Fixed in Version||=> 0.9.31 (SVN)|
|2011-04-26 15:10||Martin Friebe||Resolution||open => fixed|
|2011-04-26 15:10||Martin Friebe||Note Added: 0047792|
|2011-04-26 15:10||Martin Friebe||Target Version||=> 0.99.0|
|2011-04-26 16:36||sfeinst||Status||resolved => assigned|
|2011-04-26 16:36||sfeinst||Resolution||fixed => reopened|
|2011-04-26 16:36||sfeinst||Note Added: 0047796|
|2011-04-26 17:22||Martin Friebe||Note Added: 0047797|
|2011-04-26 17:22||Martin Friebe||Status||assigned => feedback|
|2011-04-26 17:23||Martin Friebe||Note Added: 0047798|
|2011-04-26 20:35||sfeinst||Note Added: 0047809|
|2011-04-26 21:37||Martin Friebe||Status||feedback => resolved|
|2011-04-26 21:37||Martin Friebe||Resolution||reopened => fixed|
|2011-04-26 21:37||Martin Friebe||Note Added: 0047816|
|2011-04-26 22:13||sfeinst||Status||resolved => closed|
|2011-04-26 22:13||sfeinst||Note Added: 0047817|